Friday, April 3, 2015

Dark Radio

Recently I've become enamored with the idea of radio presentation.  Specifically, the kind that is professional but, for lack of a better term, intimate.  The kind that makes you feel like it's just you, the radio and a host in a room somewhere, all alone, speaking to the night, the only other sound being the occasional rustle of papers in the background.

I kind of wish I had a reason to get one of these.
I'm thinking of incorporating something similar into my Sentinels urban fantasy project.  Some sort of mysterious radio voice that could add to atmosphere and act as an instigator.

Some good examples of this sort of thing can be found at thedebofnight and WBJC during their news segments.  It's likely a combination of little production and equipment that emphasizes deeper, darker audio tones.

Another neat project might be to do an in-universe podcast along those lines.  Don't know that I have the voice for it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment